Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lag/ping

5 posters

Go down

lag/ping Empty lag/ping

Post  Mr. Mango Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:43 am

I must sound stupid Razz
But i just realized that ping has a large effect on accuracy of your shots.
I found hit you hit the target much more often when you aim about 1 CM ahead of them in the direction your going.
Again, i must sound retarded but i just found this out Shocked
Mr. Mango
Mr. Mango

Back to top Go down

lag/ping Empty Re: lag/ping

Post  HANNAN Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:43 pm

wat r u crazy. y u r retarded. wat u r saying is 100 percent correct and agreed by me. i found it b4 2 years when i was new in halo and it worked well. if u have high pings shot infront of a runing man u will find the result Very Happy.
cheers nice work
HANNAN
HANNAN

Back to top Go down

Post  [FAST]Aco Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 am

You can hear that beep sound when you shoot someone, depending where it beeps i shoot there .. its not same distance for everyone
[FAST]Aco
[FAST]Aco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rav@geR Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:30 am

Congrats Mr.Mango, it is the absolute truth and glad you found out cheers . Now that you know how to aim at your targets and now focus on practicing to shoot at the lag aim.

Rav@geR

Back to top Go down

Post  [FAST]Hoer Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 am

is same for me, different shooting style for different players is required, there's ppl with 200+ ping and no lag that can hit well. Sure with high ping u has 2 shoot infront of other high pingers more sometimes, cause if you have 200+ ping and the person you shooting at has 200+ then is more variables in play, but server DOESNT favour the person with lowest ping, it doesnt work that way, the server asks both for their locations and calculates whether it was hit or not.

As me must many times spray 10+ bullets into a someone even when he is infront of me, so it looks like I hit him alot but hits doesnt register if server gets info from him that his hit box coordinates doesnt counteract with vectors of my bullets.
So dont confuse LAG with PING, since some high pingers have 600KB/sec speed to my server, other have 6KB/sec to my servers, but same ping!

Halo has an AMAZING netcode that allows for low and high pingers to interract, most games low ping is advantageous, like www.quakelive.com has that, but its made that way on purpose so that ppl get faster game response (halo is alot slower game).
But it also has much to do with server configurations, like FAST servers are ran on 3Ghz x 4 (Quadcore) and 200Mbit Inet, onpr0fessional network equipment with special configuration to even packet flow to make sure players with higher latency get their packets prioritized aswell as low latency players.

Of course its not perfect for everyone, but most high pingers prefer playing on FAST servers I've noticed they get higher kills, more flags, better vehicle control etc..
In your case mango is hard cause you have lots of lag, bad routing between you and our servers Crying or Very sad there need to be more fibers installed through the world cheers So that everyone can come together cyclops
Here's some more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

Ps..Also if ppl used better home routers (not cheapest ones) and turn off internal firewall mode in the router, since they are too slow, and using gaming/pr0fessional netcards helps aswell, all that would discrease lag aswell..ds
[FAST]Hoer
[FAST]Hoer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Mango Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:38 am

yea, thanks for the advice, but i can't really do anything about the router No
i use my internet from my cousin's house so its his router
Mr. Mango
Mr. Mango

Back to top Go down

Post  [FAST]Hoer Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:06 pm

You can see it like this, ping is time between packets, Lag is when some packets doesnt arrive at all (Packet loss), 2 different things cause when loosing packets you warp and loose position in the game, when having high ping you just register hits later, but also low pingers register hits ON YOU later aswell, very often I have to blow 20 shots into a high pinger to register kills if he lags.
But then my servers are optimized not to give low pingers distance priority and allow halo engine to do its intended job, which is to regulate packetflow DYNAMICALLY for different pinged players => Thus even out so that low pingers cant overflow the server with more data than the high pinger they are in action with. Most other servers allow low pingers (close distance) to have greater dataflow with the server than high pingers..
[FAST]Hoer
[FAST]Hoer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Mango Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:13 am

Ummm... sorry but I didn't understand all that xD
So what your pretty much saying is that... FAST servers are more awesomesauce? Very Happy
Mr. Mango
Mr. Mango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum